Since the ICCI opened in 1996, the Library has been operating in order to provide information and knowledge about the Islamic faith, ethos and principles as well as the Muslim world, and to serve as quiet environment conducive to learning.
Nowadays the library is proud to stock almost 3,000 books in Arabic, over 1,000 books in English, as well as books in many other languages including French, German, Albanian and Urdu.
Books can be viewed and read in the library premises. However, for those wishing to borrow books and take it out, one must be a member of the library. Membership of the library can be attained by filing-in an application form in the library.
Other services available:
- Books can also be bought as well as children’s books, Islamic dress (hijab) gifts, perfumes and cards.
- Photocopying is available with photocopying cards that can be bought at the library. 1 photocopying card costs €2.25 with credit to photocopy 25 pages, and a different card costs €4.25 with credit for 50 pages.
Library Rules & Regulations
It is for your own interest and the interest of the others, one has to observe the following rules and regulations of the Library:
- This area is strictly for study.
- Strictly no food or drinks are allowed in the study rooms.
- Talking is strictly prohibited in the study rooms.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly forbidden in the study room.
- Remember to take all your belongings with you when you leave as unattended belongings may be disposed of.
- Remember that this is a place of worship, No shorts or skirts above the knees are allowed.
- The ICCI takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal properties.
- Any breach of these regulations may result in disciplinary action, including banning.
Benefits for members include:
1) Borrowing up to three books at once, each book borrowed for up to three weeks, with a possibility of renewing each book for a further three weeks.
2) Receiving emails of library events such as our seminars at which authors are invited to the ICCI to present and discuss their books.
3) An online library catalogue system will be launched soon, whereby library members can search and reserve books from home.
A wide variety of magazines and periodicals in English and Arabic are also available to read including The Economist, Foreign Affairs, The Guardian Weekly, TIME, The National Geographic, Al-Awda, Al-Jumuah and Hassad Elfikr.
Separate study rooms are available for brothers and sisters, providing an excellent study environment.
The quiet study room is open from 10am to 10pm seven days a week.
Opening hours for the library:
For further information you can:
Tel: + 353 1 208 0000