Barnardo's: Support for families during Covid-19
Family life has become a little more complicated now that we have to respond to Covid-19. I am contacting you to let you know Barnardos is here to support parents throughout this challenging time.
We have just launched a dedicated telephone and email support service to provide advice to parents on a wide range of issues that may have come up during this time. If you or someone you know needs extra parental support we are here to help.
This service will be staffed by Barnardos project workers who are trained professionals. Some issues that parents may need support on include:
- How to talk to your children about the corona virus
- Setting a good routine
- Managing children’s behaviours and sibling dynamics
- Managing aggression and family discord
- Home schooling/managing school expectations.
- Fostering natural learning opportunities in the home
- Healthy eating
- Accessing fun and educational activities for families and individual children
- Managing your child’s worries
- Self-care for parents
- Helping parents manage their own worries and anxieties
- Managing children’s online activity
You can make contact with this service by phoning 1800 910 123 between 10.00am and 2.00pm Monday to Friday or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also provide specialist services and support in relation to bereavement, adoption and fostering.
CEO Suzanne Connolly