Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Updates: Blackrock Guards Assistance, Scam warning, hot meals support, contact tracing
Here are some relevant news and updates for the DLR community
- Summary of updates from the Government - 24th March 2020 : welfare entitlements, social distancing, rent, support for businesses and employers, and more. Please read here.
- If you need to avail of assistance from An Garda Síochána in Blackrock an email should be forwarded to the District Office at email@example.com. To read more, please click here
- Airfield Estate are interested to hear from organisations that are in need of hot meals or hot meal supplies during the current Covid-19. Airfield Estate have a broad range of skills and facilities would be delighted to help out in any way they can. To get in touch, please email Aislinn Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An Garda Síochána have warned that fraudsters may exploit the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus to carry out various types of scams. The three types of fraud to look out for:
1. Phising / Smishing / Vishing
2. Fraudulent Selling / Trading
3. Social Engineering Scams
Please read here for more information on how you can protect yourself. If you have been a victim of fraud or cyber crime contact your local Garda Station.
- Although we hope that you and your family will not need to ever undergo testing for Covid-19, it is important to keep track of all your social interactions, including those of your close family members. Keeping a list of people you have been in contact with in the last days and their contact details would help the contact tracing teams in their efforts, should there ever be a need to do this. Again, we hope no one will need to self-isolate but there is merit in keeping track of all your social interactions on an ongoing basis. Read more here